MFHA - (Masters of Foxhounds Association)

Hunt staff pensions

red coatThe Hunt Staff Benefit Society (HSBS) provides personal pension schemes specifically for hunt staff. Find out more about how to join, or support, the HSBS.

Online Stud Book

puckeridge

The online studbook is available to members of the MFHA and others, from all countries, who are involved in the breeding of stud book foxhounds. Email the MFHA for access.

Find a Pack
 
Search for:
All | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |

Kimblewick Hunt









Tel: 07721 333358
Fax:







About This Hunt

Hunt Country The country - which covers parts of Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Hertfordshire and Oxfordshire - extends approximately 65 miles north to south and 40 miles east to west. It is bounded by Oxford, Aylesbury and Luton to the north; Luton, Watford, High Wycombe, Wokingham and Basingstoke to the east; Basingstoke and Newbury to the south; Newbury and Oxford to the west. Terrain is chiefly woodland, heath, grass and plough, with jumpable hedges, ditches and post and rail fences. Adjacent Hunts: the Bicester with Whaddon Chase and Oakley to the north; Puckeridge to the east; Cambridgeshire with Enfield Chace to the north-east and east, Hampshire (HH) to the south; the Vine & Craven to the south-west and west; the Old Berkshire to the west and the Heythrop to the north-west.

Hunt History The Kimblewick Hunt is the new name of Vale of Aylesbury with Garth and South Berks Hunt - the Hunt was renamed in August 2010. The Vale of Aylesbury with Garth and South Berks was formed in 2002 by the amalgamation of the Vale of Aylesbury with the Garth and South Berks. The Vale of Aylesbury was formed in May 1970 from an amalgamation of the Hertfordshire, Old Berkeley and South Oxfordshire hunts. The Garth and South Berks amalgamated in 1962 because of increases in built-up areas and new roads principally around Bracknell where the Garth hounds were kennelled. The Garth dates from about 1770, and when Sir John Cope became Master in 1817, he hunted a much larger country than the present overbuilt one of the now combined hunts. In 1843 Sir John handed over the western side to George Mortimer Thoyts, together with 20 couple of hounds. This was the start of the South Berks. The Garth took its name from T.C. Garth, master from 1852 to 1902.

Secretary: Mrs. L. Holmes



This listing is in the following categories:
Bedfordshire /
Berkshire /
Buckinghamshire /
Hampshire /
Hertfordshire /
Oxfordshire /

| Print Version | Recommend |

There are 181 listings in the directory